Friday, July 30, 2010

Thank God Jesus Doesn't Have a Short Fuse!

Can you imagine going through life never running into a person with a short fuse?  Human nature thrives on emotion, drama and conflict.  News broadcasts attracts their audience for the most part from all the bad sensational news.  It's mostly bad news that we hear and that's okay.  As a prayer warrior I discovered many years ago if we would pray about all the bad stuff going on in the world that comes across our TV screens that the world would be a safer place and God could continue to work to draw people to Jesus...they would be saved and get to go to heaven so I began praying about the news!  Now you know how News and Prayer came about.

My heart would break when I saw reports of child abductions...that led to murders of innocents little children...so I began to pray about it.  My heart would break when I would hear about an airliner crashing and hundreds of people die.  When I see a high speed chase on the news I begin to pray!  I think God is allowing this to be on the news for me to pray about.

When the Challenger disaster happened in front of our eyes live...is officially when I became an intercessary prayer warrior.  My longest prayer assignment in the beginning was the first gulf war.  I prayed for the troops day and night, night and day for the entire months it was going on.

Now I am still praying for our troops.  It is heart breaking to see the news report that this has been the deadliest month in Afghanistan.

Lately I have been attacked myself.  This is a normal thing that happens to Christians.  The devil hates God and by attacking God's children it's the only way he can get back at God.  Satan is the accuser of the brethren.  We aren't perfect but the enemy loves to take full advantage of our weaknesses and imperfections.  Jesus Christ did not come into this world to condemn.  He isn't the one who attacks His own children.

I thank God Jesus Christ doesn't have a short fuse.  When we blow it He is not there with a hammer and rejection button saying ooops you blew it....talk to the hand.  Jesus Christ is the most awesome man alive!  He is the most awesome human alive!  He is the Savior!  He is the perfect one!  He did not come into this world to condemn but to save.

But....humans on the other hand!  Wow!  I am shocked sometimes how condemning imperfect
people can be.  I'm not talking about the political side of things in life, in our country, in this world, in daily life.  I am just shocked at how short the fuse is of some people!  It's that double standard.  Wow!  So just bring it on devil!  I'm here!  Go ahead and use my imperfections against me!  Attack me some more!  I'm ready!  I simply rest in the Lord, in His grace and peace while going through it!

I will come out on the other side not smelling like smoke, not burned, not a trace of the devil's stench on me!  I forgive!  I bless my enemies!  I thank Jesus for His forgiveness!  HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR ME!  I'm not perfect!  Nobody is!  I forgive those who have attacked me lately!  I don't know why some things happen as they do!  I say oh well!

Hallelujah!  God is good!  He keeps us safe from harm!  They can attack in the flesh but God is the one who can throw us in hell!  I'm glad I'm saved!  I'm glad for the mercy of God!  He's such a good God!  I love you Jesus!  You took the nails for me!  Your hands were pierced for me!  I will NEVER live up to man's standards!!!  I'm glad Jesus is my best friend and provider!

God bless my readers!  Have a great day knowing Jesus Christ does NOT have a short fuse!  He did NOT come into the world to condemn you!  You can relax!  The JOY of the Lord is your strength!

Love, Wanda Fay

No comments: