Sunday, May 8, 2011

One year ago today I was blessed 2 move into a 4 bedroom home after being homeless 4 four days! Later.....

...... a couple months later I became homeless for four weeks until I landed where I am now!  The point in telling you all this?  Not sure but some people may need to hear a story about someone who has been through some stuff so they know they can get through it also.

I know some might say "we don't need to hear a bunch of bad stuff" especially today since it's Mother's Day"...but I say too bad I'm writing it anyway .

I heard a girl I worked with one time say something like this "God allowed me to go through something just for someone else".  This particular thing she had been through was something to do with her relationship with her husband.  At the time I wasn't married yet and thought "well that ain't going to happen to me, I'm going to meet Mr. Right some day and am going to do it right and live happily ever after". 

Litte did I know that wouldn't happen for a very long time.  In fact it still hasn't happened for me and uh...Lord...uh...any day now would be nice to meet my prince charming  haha!  (Truly I still believe)

Anyway...just the opposite happened and I ended up in an abusive six year marriage ....but had a beautiful child.  Yes, it was basic pure hell....people don't know and they can't believe....and some want to say you must have deserve it...or...what ever...for those of you who have been through it...YOU KNOW!  And I KNOW also there are women out there who can put a man through PURE HELL! 

Well I truly forgive him and he is a changed man...and we are okay friends.   And I know it's the choices I make that end me in bad places but not always.  I sure do have compassion for divorced people and abused women...and abused men...and children.

Moving on....I know there are a ot of people out there going through some stuff....some are homeless...some just now losing their homes...and everything to the flooding of the mighty Mississippi.  Some have lost everything to fires, or foreclosures, or the flooding during Katrina.....or the over 200 tornadoes recently in our south.

What I've been through being homeless I know was not all my fault....decisions of other people land you in places you land and MUCH forgiveness is needed is all cases where it's not your fault....MUCH forgiveness and when those thoughts of friends that hurt you so bad come calling in your heart and mind that's when you continually say "I forgive, I forgive, I forgive them"  and you pray for them!  God bless them!

Well, I just wanted to tell my story since today is an anniversary of that day a year ago.  When I knew I was going to be homeless and sleeping in my car for so long I prepared and God was with me all the way.  The hardest part was the actually trying to sleep in the car...front seat..had to stay ready to drive if a police came by....which NEVER happened thank God.  I was never afraid of being hurt by anyone and never went hungry...had money for food, coffee, gas, etc.  just never enough for deposit and monthly that you need to get a place out here in California.

The other thing that was the hardest was needing to use the restroom....when ya have to go ya have to go Commercia "gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go" LOL not good for your kidneys I'll tell you...I think mine are finally healed.... so in the midde of the night I'd have to drive to a Denny's or a 24 hour Fitness.  Thank God for my membership with 24 also because they have showers so that came in very handy also!

I need to write a real story about all this so will end this here.  When you go through things don't let it break you....don't get mad get better...use the experience and pray for others that may be also going through it.

In all the pain I've been through in life it has brought me to be a more compassionate person and better prayer warrior.  Other hard things I've been through....losing my precious mother to thyroid cancer...she was only 41...and my dad committed suicide from PTSD - WWII USMC.  

I HATE for people to go through pain....so that's why I pray....one reason because I've been through so much myself.  And I know it needs to make us stronger not bitter! 

Now I'm rambling...have wonderful day and God bless ALL the mother's out there!  Your would go through anything for your children and God will bless you for all that you've done for then! 

Love, Wandafay

Posted via email from wandafay's posterous

2 comments:

Janice said...

Thank you for sharing, Wandafay! I love you!

Janice

Wandafay said...

You're welcome Janice! Arizona? I love you too!