Friday, April 22, 2011

One more thing....

One more thing....it's not about you/us being good enough...we never will be...it's about what He did on the cross today for us today...the day He went to the cross (as we celebrate and simpy remember this good Friday). 

Jesus Christ...Jesus....Christ the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the entire world!  It's not religion.  It's relation!

You either believe it or you don't...or you eventually become convinced like I did.  After eight years of full-time college I began to search for TRUTH.  Little did I know it...He was always right there in front of me.

I didn't want to face the fact that He was who He said He was....the Son of God...until a little later.  It was a supernatural thing.  I didn't plan it, but one day ...a Sunday....I walked into a church in downtown Eugene, Oregon where I was living and going to college.

I walked in and there were all these people ...a sea of people and a lot of suit and ties...."religious" looking to me.  But I didn't care.  I was there supernaturally or I would NOT have been there!  Religion was NOT my thing thats for sure.

But...an angel...or His Holy Spirit took me in off the street that day and I sat in the back row.  When the pastor gave the all too famous "altar call" that I had seen and heard many times before when I uncomfortably attended any church...this time...this day...I walked down the isle without hesitation and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

I had been through it all.  In college I began drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes, pot, a few other drugs like speed.  By the time I changed majors from Education to Dance and transferred from Southern Oregon University to University of Oregon in Eugene my party days were over...sort of...(another days story).

Okay so that was about 33 years ago.  Jesus died at 33 for you and me!  Today will be just an ordinary day for most...even for me.  I like real life!  I don't like to stray too far from what I do everyday.  But today is a special day to celebrate what He the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world ...did for us.

In a few days we will celebrate another big day!  That's the day God raised Jesus from the dead!  Wow the power of God is so amazing and when you become a Christian that power lives in you! 

I'll stop here!  Hope you are touched by His love!

Wandafay!

Posted via email from wandafay's posterous

No comments: