Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Prayer Warriors Are Going To Have Some Fight! What Did You Expect!

Prayer Warriors are not called warriors for nothing!  Prayer warriors are going to have some fight in them!  What did you expect?  They're warriors!  I was holding my eight month old baby boy who is now 25 years old, in my arms watching the news when my prayer warrior career began.  Growing up my patriotic WWII Marine father would get us kids up EVERY time the space shuttle would blast off from Florida.  It didn't matter if it was three in the morning "History is being made" he would say!  And being the Marine father that he was, "once a Marine always a Marine"  LOL we were up!

So on January 28, 1986 I was watching the Challenger take it's 25th space mission accompanied by a grade school teacher.  History  was being made.  Yes it was very much made on that tragic day.  I can feel tears well up in my heart just writing this.  The above video is the closest thing that I remember to the news cast I remember that day.

The "oh my God" from the live audience is what resonates in my ear.  That is when I became a Prayer Warrior.   That was the day.  The thought came to me "I wonder if anyone prayed today" over the space shuttle.

It became my responsibility that day, not anyone else.  If no one is praying, at least I know I am.  All glory be to God of course.  It's a servant thing, not a thing that you get any glory for.  And you are rarely recognized.  And there's no pay.  But you do it because you're called.  You do it because you love God!  And you do it because you love people.  You love the people that God loves.  And you love them so much you don't want them in pain, you don't want them hurting, and you want them saved.  You pray for people as if they're your own! 

I've been at it a long time but you might say there are times when a little post traumatic stress disorder accompanies you for each battle you encounter.  There are preventative prayers which you are praying for constantly.  And then there are the aftermath of tragedies you are praying for the hearts to be comforted by God.  Each time, each circumstance your own heart goes into it!

You are fighting off demons, holding them at bay in the Mighty Name of Jesus!  A real, live war going on all the time in your life!  And you learn to walk in peace with the world.  You learn that walking in the JOY of the Lord is your strength.  And you learn to be patient, loving and kind while the battles rage inside you as your fight for humanity.  This all goes unseen and unsaid.   And people don't understand you.  You are rejected and misunderstood.  Oh well.

Anyone want to join?  This is not Uncle Sam calling.  It's Father God!  But if you have the calling there is right now still a great demand to pray for those who work for Uncle Sam!  We need prayer warriors who will not only pray for our country and the individual lives of friend, family, loved ones.  But we still need prayer warriors to pray for the warriors!

Your reward will come in heaven.  But when you enlist and learn that it's a lifestyle rewards won't even matter.  You'll do it because you love the one who gave you life and who also went to war for you when He battled his own flesh and the temptation to not go to the cross for our sins.  Yet He went, for us and defeated the devil and our sin on that old cross!

All power and authority have been given to Him by the Father and He said go in My Name!  So we go preaching the Gospel and we go prayer warriors fighting battle in the spirit world where He has already won!  We do it in the Mighty Name of Jesus!  And we give Him all the glory!

Prayer Warriors have some fight!  It's part of the mission!  What did you expect!  Embrace it!  Embrace them!  They need love too!

Love, Wandafay

No comments: